Tuesday, 31 December 2013

My year in audio books...



It seems like only weeks since I last did a New Year’s post - 2013 has whizzed by!

In terms of audiobook narration, it was a busy year, with a lot of variety - here are some of the highlights!

In January I recorded “Frost Burned” by Patricia Briggs – a terrific series and a great start to the year! I followed that with a couple of retro titles for AudioGO* – “Bloodshot” and “Burn Marks” by Sara Peretsky. It was great to be back in Chicago in a time before cellphones. :)

And of course I couldn’t let the year get too old before getting my Charley Davidson fix – loved recording “Fifth Grave Past the Light” by Darynda Jones. I adore this paranormal series.

It was a blast from the past doing a couple of Jeffrey Archers – “Shall We Tell the President” and “The Prodigal Daughter”. I’d done the abridged versions years ago, and it was fun to go back and do the unabridged.

I was lucky enough to record the latest in the Rose Harbor series by Debbie Macomber – “Rose Harbor in Bloom”. And as a bonus, there was a Rose Harbor short story: “Lost and Found in Cedar Cove”. Great fun!

Although I was happy to record another Darynda Jones, I was sorry that “Death and the Girl He Loves” is the last in the Darklight Trilogy. I loved that series – especially my name-baby, Lorelei. :) I’ll always be grateful to Darynda for naming a character after me!

A year simply wouldn't be right without a Stephanie Plum adventure, and "TakeDown Twenty" was - as Janet Evanovich's stories always are - a blast to record! My life wouldn't be the same without this crazy, loveable cast of characters.

And of course I did some work for the digital publishing company I own with Ali Muirden, Creative Content Ltd. I was very excited to narrate (and publish) “Emerald City” - first in a new crime fiction trilogy set in Seattle, featuring rock journalist Laura Barton. It’s written by the talented and prolific Chris Nickson. Look for the second title in the series, “West Seattle Blues” in 2014.

I ended the year as I started it – with another Patricia Briggs: “Night Broken” (publishing March 11, 2014). Such a great series – love recording it.

I am so very grateful to be able to do something I love. I thank you for listening and would especially like to thank those of you who’ve taken the trouble to write, tweet, Facebook message and email to tell me when you’ve enjoyed a title. That’s what keeps me going!

I hope you all have a fabulous 2014!

* Some of the saddest audio news this year was the closure of AudioGo - a great business that produced many wonderful titles. They will be missed.


Photo by John Wolfe under a Creative Commons license.


7 comments:

  1. I love all your recordings. It's because of you that I added Mercy Thompson and Charly Davidson to my life. Of course Stephanie Plum was always there. I look forward to a magnificent Audio New Year - Best Wishes to you and yours - Margo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sooooo grateful to have you!!!! You are such a stellar talent and we all benefit from your gift. Thank you for a wonderful year! ~D~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a lovely thing to say, Darynda! Thank YOU for such giving me such wonderful characters and stories to record. :) xx (ps Why are you wasting time commenting on people's blogs - shouldn't you be writing?!?! :D xx)

      Delete
  3. Greetings from us

    ??????? Behind visit our blog ???????
    Alat Bantu Sex

    ReplyDelete